Carolina Explorers “Adventures in Nature” is a fun hands-on program for ages 8-12 at the Banner Elk Book Exchange, located in the Historic Banner Elk School in downtown Banner Elk, N.C. (western North Carolina).
Join us in 2019 as we learn about plants, animals, fungi, geology, weather and other cool things in nature that make this area such an amazing place to explore! We’ll also learn about different habitats and organisms in other regions of our state.
2019 Summer Program Dates & Times:
- June 29 • (Saturday) 1-4 p.m.
- July 20 • (Saturday) 1-4 p.m.
- August 17 • (Saturday) 1-4 p.m.
- September 14 • (Saturday) 1-4 p.m.
- Fall/Winter Homeschool Sessions TBD
Each 3-hour session will vary, and includes the following opportunities:
- Hands-on investigations and activities
- Displays on the natural history of the mountains (and other NC regions)
- Fun fieldwork along Banner Elk’s Greenway
- Indoor/outdoor games and puzzles
- Create with Nature craft time
Each student will also take home a Carolina Explorers publication (one per quarter) and other fun materials throughout the year.
To pre-register, simply send an email to tamara@NCexplorers.com with the following information:
- Participant’s name and age
- Special needs/requests for each participant
This is an indoor and outdoor program, and will require a parent/guardian to sign a waiver form at the time of the event. The Summer Program is FREE to all participants.
The Historic Banner Elk School is located at 185 Azalea Circle, Banner Elk, NC 28604. Banner Elk is approximately 20-30 minutes from Boone or Blowing Rock N.C.